5th – 6th December, 10am – 4pm.
Join us as we celebrate Christmas with our annual Hotwalls Christmas Market! Free to attend and with Covid secure measures in place, we look forward to sharing bespoke handmade items from our studio artists and market traders. The Round Tower will be open with the Traders Keep artisan craft fair, and the Canteen will be serving festive treats a plenty. All are welcome.
Letter from Hotwalls team:
The Hotwalls Studios team are getting in touch to share information on the Christmas Programme 2020. Whilst it is scaled back this year, we hope you enjoy and engage in our series of low key Christmas shopping events outlined below. Further information can be found at on the Hotwalls website www.hotwallsstudios.co.uk.
Hotwalls Christmas Market, 5th-6th December, 10:00-16:00
The Hotwalls Christmas Market will consist of approximately 20 traders, all makers from Portsmouth and the surrounding area. To ensure the market is as safe as possible, added measured and alterations will be put in place. These include the following:
- All traders and studio artists will provide hand sanitiser and will clean their stall and products at regular intervals.
- All gazebos and tables will be spaced out with sufficient room for social distancing.
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask when going in the studios, unless they’re exempt.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be provided on site.
- Numbers will be limited in the Round Tower and studios to allow for social distancing. As studio sizes differ, the number will vary between each unit. Signs in the doorways will notify visitors.
- Card payments will be preferred where possible. Contactless will be ideal.
Unlike previous years, live music, food vendors and workshops will not feature. While we’re sorry we’re not permitted to include these popular features, our priority is keeping the community safe. This means keeping people moving through the area to prevent large groups from gathering.
Set-up will take the following schedule:
- The gazebos will be delivered onsite on Saturday 5th December at 6:00 am.
- Traders will be arriving from 8:00 am onwards where they will be greeted by the Hotwalls Team and directed to their pitch. The Hotwalls Studios team will conduct a Health and Safety inspection before opening to the public.
- Weather depending, the gazebos will remain up overnight and monitored by security guards.
- Traders will return from 8:00 onwards on Sunday 6th Dec.
- Each structure will be taken down on Sunday (approximately 16:00-17:30).
The Traders Keep, the Round Tower, 5th-6th December, 10:00-16:00
The Traders Keep artisan craft fayre will return to the Round Tower with bespoke crafts available to buy.
Set-up will take place from 8:30 am of 5th Dec, and take-down on the evening of 6th. The team expect to be finished by 18:30.
Hotwalls Studios Christmas Lights
We’re pleased to confirm that this year, the trees outside the Hotwalls Studios will be lit with warm white fairy lights. These will feature in alternate trees, and we hope will create a festive atmosphere. The lights will be installed on Thursday 3rd December, and will be set on a timer to ensure they’re switched off at night. In addition, four smaller Christmas trees will be brought out to the Parade Ground for occasions.
Portsmouth City Council staff will be on hand to marshal all vehicle movements.
Open Studios, 20th December, 11:00-16:00
This occasion marks the final Open Studios event of 2020. This will be the first Open Studios date for the three new studio artists Rebecca Robinson (Studio 10), Katie Munro and Louise Braithwaite (Studio 7).
We hope you will join us and enjoy our Christmas events. For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hotwalls Team