DATA PROTECTION POLICY (GDPR version)
The data protection law in the UK will change on 25 May 2018. Although this privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws, The Friends of Old Portsmouth Association (FOOPA) wish to start ensuring that data protection is compliant and will be working towards getting systems ready for some of these changes. It is important that the personal data that FOOPA hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep FOOPA informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The Friends of Old Portsmouth Association (FOOPA) was formed in 1941 to “… co-ordinate the views of residents and friends in respect of the re-building of Old Portsmouth, and to engender neighbourliness and community spirit.”
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which come into effect on 25th May 2018, FOOPA are required to notify you with regard to processing the personal information you have provided.
FOOPA enters into a contract to provide you services as a member of FOOPA, and it requires certain Personal Information, as defined below to carry out this function. The following required personal information provided by you is necessary to perform our contract with you.
The personal information FOOPA requires is summarised below:
b. physical address,
c. telephone numbers,
d. email address,
e. subscription information
It is necessary to have this personal information to perform the services outlined below, and FOOPA will share your personal information with the parties below, for the purposes described:
- FOOPA officials for establishing and maintaining your FOOPA membership,
- communications on events within the Association and events held by organisations
- with recognised links to FOOPA.
Within FOOPA your Personal Information will be distributed to and held by, the following Officers:
- The Hon Treasurer for meeting FOOPA’s responsibilities for membership.
- The Hon. Membership Secretary will create the annual data base of Personal Information and distribute it to other officers of FOOPA.
- The Hon Secretary, Hon. Social Secretary and Hon Chairman for communicating with the membership on events and developments of the Association.
FOOPA will only retain your personal data on an annual basis to fulfil the purposes FOOPA collect it for. The information and your consent will be renewed each year at the AGM.
FOOPA limit access to your personal data to only these officers. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and FOOPA is required to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. FOOPA do not allow these Officers to use your personal data for other purposes. Normal security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost will be implemented and to prevent unauthorised access, data alteration or disclosure.
You also have certain rights in regard to our use of your personal information, including:
- Access to your information: you have the right to request access to the information FOOPA hold about you.
- Ensuring accuracy of your information: you may contact us to correct or update your personal information.
- Erasure: you have the right to have us delete personal information FOOPA hold about you.
- Restriction of processing: you may request us to restrict our use of your personal data.
- Review by independent authority: you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Preventing direct marketing: you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- Objecting to other uses: you may also object to our use of your information in other circumstances.
If FOOPA change how your personal information is managed, you will be notified and if required your consent will be requested to these changes.