Hotwalls Christmas Tree Lighting, 17th November, 16:00-18:00.
The Hotwalls Christmas Tree Lighting will mark the beginning of the festive period. Live music will be provided by Victory Brass, and carols led by a local primary school choir. Special guests include Councillor Steven Pitt, and Father Christmas, who will switch on the lights. The event will be accompanied by Open Studios from 11:00-17:00, whilst Traders Keep artisan craft fayre will take place in the Round Tower from 10:00-16:00. Festive treats will be provided for the occasion and additional seating will be provided for the Christmas Tree lighting. The Christmas tree and supporting items will be delivered on Friday 15th December. The Hotwalls Team will be onsite to direct the vehicles are needed.
Hotwalls Christmas Market, 23rd-24th November, 10:00-16:00.
The Hotwalls Christmas Market will consist of approximately 20 traders, ranging from local makers to creative business owners with further participation from Aspex Gallery. Two different workshops will be offered, including t-shirt screen printing from local favourites Sea Dog Print Studio, and wreath making with artist, florist and local business owner, Megan. Live acoustic music and entertainment will take place throughout the day. All artist studios will also be open to the public, while the Canteen will be selling hot chocolate and other treats from the hut.
Set-up will take the following schedule:
- The gazebos will be delivered onsite on Friday 22nd November, and stored overnight in the Round Tower.
- Traders will be arriving from 8:30 am onwards on 23rd and 24th, where they will be greeted by the Hotwalls Team and supported in putting up gazebos and unloading stock.
- Each structure will be taken down on Saturday (approximately 16:00-17:30) and erected again on Sunday morning. They will collected from the Round Tower on Monday 25th November.
Traders Keep, The Round Tower, 7th-8th December, 11:00-17:00.
Traders Keep artisan craft fayre will return to the Round Tower to showcase the crafts of local makers. Live acoustic music will take place inside the Round Tower, whilst fDavestive refreshments will be available to purchase.
Set-up will take place on the morning of 7th Dec., and take-down on the evening of 8th.
A Christmas Carol, The Round Tower, 11th-15th December, 14:30 and 19:30.
The Christmas Carol is bought to the Round Tower by Brighton-based Lantern Light Theatre Co. Shows are as follows:
- 11th Dec.- 14:30 school matinee, 19:30 public performance
- 12th Dec.- 14:30 school matinee
- 14th Dec. -14:30 public matinee, 19:30 public performance
- 15th Dec.-14:30 public matinee
Extra shows have been added due to popular demand. Tickets available through our website.
Open Studios, 15th December, 11:00-17:00.
This occasion marks the final Open Studios event of 2019. To mark an exciting year for the Hotwalls Studios, we will celebrate with live music from 11:30-14:00.
Portsmouth City Council staff will be on hand to marshal all vehicle movements.